From the Paradise Youth Centre Inc.’s Articles of Incorporation
The Corporation is established for the following purposes and shall restrict itself to such activities as in its opinion, directly or indirectly, further such purposes.
- To provide a clean, positive, safe atmosphere for the youth of the town of Paradise;
- To construct and operate the Paradise Youth Centre and to engage in all activities required in the construction and ongoing operation thereof;
- To oversee and/or be engaged in programming, counseling, recreational, social, educational and economic activities in connection with the Paradise Youth Centre;
- To oversee and/or be engaged in all financial activities of the Paradise Youth Centre, including but not limited to fundraising, banking and accounting, etc.;
- Liaison with Community businesses, organizations and the municipal council to facilitate the most effective operation and optimal use of the Paradise Youth Centre;
- To undertake all such activities as are necessary to create, oversee and liaise with a Youth Advisory Council comprised of residents of the Town of Paradise between the ages of 12 and 18 inclusive, representing users of the Paradise Youth Centre who shall subject to the approval and consent of the Paradise Youth Centre Inc., develop policies and programs to ensure that the Paradise Youth Centre Inc. meets the needs of the youth of the Town of Paradise and participate in the ongoing operation of the Paradise Youth centre.